About Home of Hope:
The Home of Hope is a voluntary association, registered as a non-profit organisation providing child protection services registered with the department of social development, as well as a public benefit organisation established in August 2005.
Now in it’s sixth year, Home of Hope has grown and evolved into a NPO / NGO organization based in the Tableview area that cares for children in community based foster homes. These children who have been abandoned, violently abused, raped, hungry and neglected due to poverty, victims of domestic violence, infected with HIV and Aids, or who are born bearing the effects of excessive drug and alcohol abuse during pregnancy.
- Support and care for abandoned, abused, neglected and HIV children in community based foster homes, and in particular children who suffer from FASD.
- A holistic approach to caring for these children that we support, including special interventions, special needs education (where relevant), development of social and life skills and extra-curricular activities.
- Education and training for foster mothers / parents, care-givers and educators.
- Providing special needs education catering for the specific needs of FASD and neurologically challenged children.
- Early intervention, prevention and awareness programmes.
- Re-distribution programme – programmes to re-distribute and ‘share’ donations received by Home of Hope
We rely on the community to help us achieve our mission of caring for children who desperately need our help. This is how you as an individual or a corporate can help us to help them.
Donations can be once-off payments paid into our account by cheque, internet transfer, direct deposit or sent to us as a postal order as well as online via credit card.
Companies can challenge their staff to make a monthly donation, which will be matched by management. Use donations as a tax deduction as we are a registered Public Benefit Organisation. Our reference number is 930 022 887.
021 556 3573